Have you ever wondered why caracals have tufts (hair) on their ears, why lions roar and why leopards are called elusive and shy?"
Come and visit Panthera Africa, and our knowledgeable and passionate staff/volunteers will educate you on interesting facts about the different species, and enlighten you on our animals' unique personalities. You will be able to see, hear and enjoy everything these animals have to offer.
We strongly believe in the importance of educating you about animal welfare and conservation, and bring to your attention the truth behind the many breeding farms and cub petting facilities. We will also inform you about the wild population of big cats and the threaths they face in the wild with regards to human-animal conflicts.
In addition to our EDUCATIONAL visit, as explained above, you also have the option to join our ENRICHMENT visit. Here you have the opportunity to photograph the animals in action – playing, pouncing, sniffing and exploring…. We can promise you an exciting and unforgettable experience!
*Remember to wear some sturdy and comfortable shoes for your walking experience, and of course bring your camera!*
Educational visit - prebooking essential!
- Time: Everyday except Tuesdays @ 10am and/or 3pm depending on availability (April - September) and 9am and/or 4pm depending on availability (October - March)
- Please arrive 15min prior to your visit
- Price: R150 per child under 13 yrs, R240 per adult and R190 per pensioner. Families of 4+ and memberships get 10% discount.
Enrichment visits - prebooking essential!
- Special arrangements and times - must be booked 3-5 days in advance. Minimum of 5 people.
- Price: R350 per adult – no children under 16 years allowed